Wednesday, February 14, 2007

The life of a Pigmy Hippo !


Well , to give the devil it's due credit - the term Pigmy Hippo was first coined on September 1 2006 by a close friend . Of course this came into being , when I made the mistake of asking him who I resembled ( of course I expected something like Bipashu Basu or Kajol ) but no ,he had to come up with this creative (according to him ) description and he came up with Pigmy Hippo !!

Well , The Hippo bit I could understand well errrr mostly because I have a rather ball shaped nose with big nostrils and well , my current size does well resemble a Hippo ( in certain ways ) but the Pigmy bit is rather unforgivable !! A little over 5 feet I would definitely consider myself the height of the average Indian woman and Pigmy !! well is just pushing it . Anywayz , he wuz above 6 feet 2 himself and a good Friend and all so I let it pass.

Well , It wasn't really dat bad until my own mother !! my own flesh and blood , went and bought Junior Complan for me @ the age of 20 saying that I have to grow taller and now forces me to drink it three times a day :D oh yes I do get a host of advice from my Grandmother ( even she is taller than me !!! ) and she thinks if I hang from a window for 10 minutes everyday my bones and muscles will stretch and I will grow taller !!( yes yes , wnt it be fun if i just fall off the window pane now ???)

Well even this I can take but every time I switch on televsion it is almost as if the stupid TV is mocking me !!!It always plays juts one programme and thats TSN and for some weird reason the only one product I alwayz see advertised are :yeah yeah ! "The grow taller slippers" - a pair of rubber chappal looking things with some magnets strewn in between and it claims that 'the magnetic induction will increase the working on such-and-such muscles and increase growth by 4 inches in just 2 months ( yeah right ! and I am Andrea the gaint) , Of course this is again validated by some hot model who says that she never got her big break in the industry until she she used "magic slippers" and grew tall !!! sigh !! - a la Fair and lovely !

The list dosen't end , I can barely reach the clutch in my car !!My gym instructor stifles a giggle each time he setz the exercise cycle height to level (ummm 0)!! Yeah and for some weird reason I alwayz end up with a six-footer right in the seat in front of me at movie theatres !

Well , I should say my size has it's perks too , I still remember fining a 2nd year student Rs.500 while I was in the Student Council for ragging me , thinking I was a fresher when I was in my final year ( evil smirk - SWHEEEEEEEET REVENGE!) and I also love the way I can scare people with my voice (for some weird reason people think size and voice have some sort of co-relation) , I can still go jump on a bouncing castle ( hehehehe I still stand below the requisite height bar )and yeah everyone thinks I am this sweet , little girl who needs to be protected from the big, bad world ! ( hehehehehehehe - How true I say !!!)

Anyway , so well back to my friend ,I gave him a dirty look and screamed and stomped and shouted how rude !!! but I secretly liked the name and so my blog is named hence :D of course as someone recently told me "itz not size which matters but how well you use it" !!

4 comments:

Nikhil Neelakantan said...

# Kaavya
DO you need like more options on how you can increase the height????
actually i like the name, and it so oes suit your personality...!! :)

Am I Who said...

c'mon! you aint all that short!
cute post though! :)

Unknown said...

ehehehehehe... vertically challenged m'dear. you're just differently abled.

Tigress said...

hey i started readin yo blogs tdy from th latest to oldest n so far i found this one the best... :)
apart from the no wedding! no thanks!..tat was a good one too..its so typical!!!so can totally relate to it..
wish u good luck for the new course..liked yo art work too ..
keep up the good work :)