Monday, February 5, 2007

DEAD END -2 ( people who didnt see the end !)


Well , couple of days ago I had written asking people if they think they were confronted with a choice between 2 institutions one reputed with a good course and one unreputed with a much better course , if they would be gutsy enough to go for the unreputed one (without placements etc.)just for the sake of passion for the subject .

Well frankly , I wouldn't have had that kind of guts and a friend of mine ( but from IIT ofcourse !) who visited my blog left a comment saying " we all need to make money , no one has the guts to say fuck everything , and I will follow my passion ".Well , at least for the fact that he made such a comment , I decided to write about the few people who think otherwise . People who ave inspired/influenced/affected me in a positive way , prob making me believe that there is still hope from the path we are conditioned to follow

Well , the two biggest "cracks" I know are my two bestest , closest friends , well if u prob ask either of them to describe me in one word the would probably say "weird" (yeah right !) well , Monte a.k.a Amitha Maria D'monte is one of my best friends from school , well if u probably see her the first thing which will strike you is how good looking she is , well she is one of those other snobs I was was talking bout "the good at everything types" , here is my babe , who topped school effortless ( yeah she went for a party one night before her Business Math exam and ended being state first in the same subject) , topped college again ( obviously!)and finally decided to follow her passion ( believe it or not - hairdressing !!! ) and this woman had to take a lot of shit for this , people coudnt understand why someone as smart as her wanted to be a barber !! she is thrilled doing what she wants to do and shez bloody dam good @ it , so what da hell !

Now we come to my other favorite carck.Prarthana.another brillaint child , who got some 97-odd percent in SCIENCE GROUP ( gasp ! and m sure got into half da engineering colleges here )and then ended up opening her own dance school :D ofcourse da woman is a fantastic dancer but starting out on her own @ da age of 19 , taking a bank loan to start something totally on her own with no support and doing dam well , just to follow her passion , well amazing !!

I was studying with a 54 yr old software engineer in Bangalore ( yeah54 ! ) who quit his incredibly high paying job in the US , came back here and is starting out afresh as an junior animator , family friends who gave up fantastic jobs to open up a library for children , a guy who ragged me while I had gone for my NID interview who put his diploma project on hold for more than a year to fight with the college administration for m guessing better facilities for students (after her leaves ) !!

M sure there are many more prarthanas and Amithas and Ganesh uncles who I probably dont know , but when we see people like this we all think they have prob lost it or they are just crazy , well stop , coz I personally admire all these people and think Itz amazing what they have done , dunno if either of us will ever have their guts !!

6 comments:

Prarthana Revanoor said...

awe kavu child... so cute. dont really no wat to say... but was really touched with wat you said. your brilliant dude and no way are you leading a normal life of a 20 yr old. not with that creative brain o yours your going places... and ill see ya at the top!

Unknown said...

well....guts hmmmm.
First of all forgive me for my bad grammar etc...

But could you differentiate between 'Guts and Stupidity'.
I mean do u think always taking decisions in favour of what you are passionate about is right???

Samathu Iyengaar Ponnu said...

well , it is and it requires lot of courage to stand up to what u r passionate about as opposed to the norms of the society , well like I said I have great regard for anyone who does that :D

Moonjungle said...

When I look back there were many dead ends that I managed to get out off. Incidentally I'm in one right now. I guess these dead ends are purely created by us, owing to a lack of understanding of the situation we are in.

The choices always are
a> Fuck everybody, I'm doing my thing.
b> I choose to live today so that I can, fuck everybody and do my own thing tomorrow.

This a problem of scale. If you can manage to buy time (and by that I mean money) you better your chances of doing your thing. A few years back I opted for 'a', nowadays 'b' sounds appealing. Maybe I'm getting older & need the dough to buy a rock for shelter or I'm getting a better understanding of what my priorities mean to me.
As a good friend of mine put it, its better to starve in the confines of one's home than on the street.

'Passion' doesn't figure in anything, it lends itself naturally to whatever you are doing. Thats why you have freaks passionate about anything under the sun & with todays media explosion most of them have descended to 'Perv' status.

Cutting it short, one can always trust a cornered animal to find its way out. You are smart & creative; You are in a dead end. Your senses will kick in to spring you out no matter what your schtik is.

Anonymous said...

Is this pic something you created hippo??

Anonymous said...

Great work.