Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

Fire dance 1995 (Oil Pastels)

my first attempt at abstract and
also the closest to my heart , I think at that point of time I was just trying to achive movement
through abstract strokes .

"Abstract art is a product of the untalented, sold by the unprincipled to the utterly bewildered.
Al Capp






I doodle occassionally and make the odd little sketch on the back of a napkin... unlike Picasso restaurants tell me they'd prefer the cash though!

Roger Moore


MS- Colour pencils on textured paper - 2003





Every portrait that is painted with feeling is
a portrait of the artist, not of the sitter.

Oscar Wilde

Man-Dry Pastel and ink on paper 2000


Still not sure , if this is a portrait or abstract , think
this one to me more represents the emotion behind the idea than the visual behind .






Baby Croc - Colour Pencil - 2003

My first and I think only sketch on which I spent
more than 1 hour , took me almost 2 and half hours.

7 comments:

Cal-Vin said...

This gal sure has some talent.....
Thought she kept screaming & complaining wen i didnt make any comments (nice ones tat too) abt her blogs, i cant stop myself frm writing something after i see these Sketches.

She is known for exploring the unknown and sure has some skill in tat small head of hers....good tat she is bringing out in this way.
Keep up the good work Kutts.
Cheers.

Arvind said...

Nice work!

And I personally love abstract.. But I love Al Capp's words a tad more than the paintings themselves.. Lol..

Cheers!
And keep blogging! :D

Unknown said...

dayummm !! ure good !!

rayzeus said...

great set of paintings. my personal fav is Fire Dance. You mix of pastels in the baby croc is fantabulous

Unknown said...

yeah the baby crocs absol amazn.
first time i saw it i swear ithot it was a photograph.
ure work is awesome in general.
keep up the gud work.
cheers!!

Anonymous said...

i think the baby croc could be ur own personality in many ways. and i like it the best. good blog.
Prank.

Prarthana Revanoor said...

christ this is one of my fav.. ive practically seen everything she has done. and i always felt this was one o the rockin ones. lol.. i keep tellin her i wish i cud steal it. youve got some talent gal.. coolies!