Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Harvard Here I come!


So, it’s been like 6 months since I updated. I don’t blame myself you know .. when you begin to write for a living, you kinds begin to say to yourself “ Not again!” each time you see Microsoft word open!

Lots has happened, yes I got into Harvard. Ok, I am not going to be modest here (though I have been telling all and sundry – It’s not that hard) but believe me, I didn’t expect to. A very close friend told me less than week ago “ Don’t fool yourself, thinking you are intelligent, you are very average”. Ouch, the words couldn’t hurt more and why? Because I know he is right! I am average and yet, less than two months from now, I will be at Harvard.

Harvard! O how I love that word, “ I am going to Harvard!” – it’s like eating a triple layered cheesecake (minus the calories) , every time someone stares at you in awe! Hahaha, little do they know …

Sometime I think, the only reason I got into a University like that is because I applied to the graduate school not the Business school. Yes, here’s the part .. I find hard to explain, this is what I am going to do – Masters in Technology, Innovation and Education! Do you think it’s easier to get into the edu school? Honestly? Maybe, because they aren’t as many people who want to study education as there are who want a business degree ( read, want to make $144,000 on graduation) but you know what ? The acceptance ratio at the Education School is lower than the Business school (what I am trying to say here is that it is just as hard if not harder)
Alright, so I am effectively diverting now.. What I mean is .. or rather .. what I mean to say is … I still can’t belive that I am going to Harvard, I – who got rejected by NID, I who wasn’t on the 90+ bracket in Sate board education, I –the queen of procrastination and the love child of laziness and lethargy , am actually going to Harvard ( with a scholarship, may I add J ) . So Rejoice world, there is much hope for you … and yesh.. it still hasn’t sunk in, It probably won’t until I reach Boston.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok woman. shake yourself a bit. youre going quite tizzy.
you are what ill say going thru a really good patch, but please dont let things like stupid nid take you down. and it seems to have really ingrained itself into you. but believe me, things like those will come again. but i think youll do well and persevere. you did quite well infact. and will, i guess, more so from now.
my god ive never been kinder to anyone before. this is like proper sucking up no. ok heres the deal. hook me up with some cute bookie chic from harward, and i will write sonnets in your praise.

Unknown said...

Kareena Kapoor went to harvard too..;) i meant compliment.D

best wishes thou...

searching for harvard review landed here..

richa said...

:)

romeojack007 said...

hey!
I hope you are a pro blogger. man i ve got some doubts about the whole blogging stuff.. do you think you ll have the time to gimme some tips on this.After all you are into one of my dream university's.. congrats by the way.

Closed World said...

:-D Aha scholarship... now the truth comes out. That's even harder to get than getting in (don't I know!) so congratulations.

Shilpa

Hari Kumar Balasundaram said...

man..

I have been there .. done all that and never really made it ... So am for one nor for real what it takes to be at Harvard ... SO Wake Up Lazy Lizzy & show us your true self out there ..

am sure - there are many more in store for you if you are ready to fight it out ...

cheers matey and all the very best at harvard ..

and oh btw, I am a complete stranger ...

Udoka Omenukor said...

I'm very jealous.